What are the techniques for machining titanium parts? - PTJ Manufacturing Shop
Techniques for machining titanium parts
|Titanium alloy, a material commonly used in aviation and aerospace, is widely used in aerospace engines. Its density is generally 4.51g/cm3, which is about 60% of steel, but some high-strength. Titanium alloys exceed the strength of many high-strength alloy steels. Therefore, this material can produce rigid and lightweight parts. We often sit on airplanes, engines, skeletons, skins, fasteners and landing gear. Titanium alloys are generally used for manufacturing.|
Many cnc machining manufacturers are at a loss when dealing with titanium alloys. In fact, titanium alloy processing is skillful.PTJ Precision Technology summarizes some titanium alloy processing techniques for everyone to share:
- Blades with positive-angle geometry to reduce cutting force, cutting heat and deformation of the workpiece.
- As far as possible in the softest state of titanium alloy, because the material becomes harder to process after hardening, heat treatment increases the strength of the material and increases the wear of the blade.
- The use of high pressure and large flow cutting fluid to ensure the thermal stability of the process, to prevent surface deformation and tool damage caused by excessive temperature.
- Maintain a constant feed to avoid hardening of the workpiece. The tool should always be in the feed state during the cutting process. The radial ae amount during milling should be 30% of the radius.
- Keep the blade edge sharp, blunt tool is the cause of heat build-up and wear, easily lead to tool failure.
Use a large tool nose arc radius or chamfer to cut in, and as many cutting edges as possible into the cutting. This can reduce the cutting force and heat at every point and prevent local damage. When milling titanium alloy, the cutting speed of each cutting parameter has the greatest influence on the tool life vc, and the radial cutting amount (milling depth) ae is second.
It is worth mentioning that because titanium alloys generate high heat during processing, a large amount of high-pressure cutting fluid must be sprayed onto the cutting edge in time to quickly remove heat. There is also a unique structure of milling cutters for titanium machining on the market, which is better suited for titanium machining.
PTJ Machining Capabilities
Automatic Bar Machining – Multi-spindle cam automatic screw machines
CNC Turning – CNC delivers peak cost efficiency in shorter volumes, as well as high capacity production of mechanically simple components
Custom Machining - with up to 12 axes of control
Multi Spindle Machining- ISO 9001:2015 certified
Screw Machine Products – The number of customized production parts per hour can reach 10000pcs
Swiss Machining – with up to 9 axes of CNC control, to produce precision components with complex geometries in one operation
High Volume Machining – 100 Advanced Production Turning Bar Automatics On-line and Ready
CNC Milling - Machining Fully compliant with the exacting requirements of our customers
5 axis (11 axis) Machining – Tolerance | 0.1mm alignment
What Can we help you do next?
∇ Get more information about Cnc Machining Shop
By PTJ Manufacturing Shop|Categories: Blog|Tags: cnc milling services, cnc turning services, milling parts, turning parts, machining parts, special parts,faqs,technical news,company news,material news |Comments Off