Difficult points solution for stainless steel machining
Difficult points solution for stainless steel
|Many domestic parts and components will use stainless steel. Our common grades are SUS303, SUS304, SUS316, etc. For different products, the selected stainless steel grades are also different. Different grades of stainless steel have slightly different composition, such as 303 stainless steel is easier. For cutting, 304 is better than 303, and the stainless steel products that we are exposed to are basically 303, 304 are generally used as food-grade products, while 316 is generally suitable for the medical industry. For many manufacturers, stainless steel seems to be not easy to process.|
In fact, the reasons for summing up are nothing more than the following:
- The chemical relationship between the tool and the material to be processed causes work hardening and low thermal conductivity of the material to be processed, which not only causes abnormal wear, but also causes chipping and abnormal cracking of the tool.
- The built-up edge is easy to cause small pieces of debris to remain on the cutting edge and cause poor processing of the surface.
- Low thermal conductivity causes plastic deformation of the cutting pin and faster tool wear.
- The hardness of the machining causes the tool to wear faster and it is difficult to chip.
- Choosing the right tool: The tool for stainless steel should have excellent toughness, and the strength of the cutting edge and the bonding force of the coating film should be relatively high.
- Sharp cutting edge: The chipbreaker has a wider cutting edge, which reduces the cutting pressure, so that the chip removal can be well controlled.
- Optimal cutting conditions: Inappropriate machining conditions reduce tool life.
- Use a tool with high thermal conductivity.
PTJ Machining Capabilities
Automatic Bar Machining – capacity for parts from 1/16" to 2 5/8”
CNC Turning – CNC multi-axis machining centers for superior speed & flexibility
Custom Machining - expert machined components delivered on time
Multi Spindle Machining- Davenport, Euro turn, New Britain & Acme Gridley
Screw Machine Products – precision components from a broad variety of materials & Equipment
Swiss Machining – micro-parts to 1-1/4 round diameter providing speed, high capability including precision tolerances and specialized finishes
High Volume Machining – Specialized in machined parts exceeding 1,000 pieces up to millions of pieces for optimum efficiency
CNC Milling - Machining from bar stock, plate or block metal using up to 3 axis of motion
5 axis (11 axis) Machining – Multi Axis Multi spindle technology for completing complex parts efficiently in one operation. C=0 sampling plan & equipment versatility provide one stop shop capability for a variety of applications
What Can we help you do next?
∇ Get more information about cnc machining Shop
By PTJ Manufacturing Shop|Categories: Blog|Tags: cnc milling services, cnc turning services, milling parts, turning parts, machining parts, special parts,faqs,technical news,company news,material news |Comments Off