Difficult points solution for stainless steel machining
Difficult points solution for stainless steel
|Many domestic parts and components will use stainless steel. Our common grades are SUS303, SUS304, SUS316, etc. For different products, the selected stainless steel grades are also different. Different grades of stainless steel have slightly different composition, such as 303 stainless steel is easier. For cutting, 304 is better than 303, and the stainless steel products that we are exposed to are basically 303, 304 are generally used as food-grade products, while 316 is generally suitable for the medical industry. For many manufacturers, stainless steel seems to be not easy to process.|
In fact, the reasons for summing up are nothing more than the following:
- The chemical relationship between the tool and the material to be processed causes work hardening and low thermal conductivity of the material to be processed, which not only causes abnormal wear, but also causes chipping and abnormal cracking of the tool.
- The built-up edge is easy to cause small pieces of debris to remain on the cutting edge and cause poor processing of the surface.
- Low thermal conductivity causes plastic deformation of the cutting pin and faster tool wear.
- The hardness of the machining causes the tool to wear faster and it is difficult to chip.
- Choosing the right tool: The tool for stainless steel should have excellent toughness, and the strength of the cutting edge and the bonding force of the coating film should be relatively high.
- Sharp cutting edge: The chipbreaker has a wider cutting edge, which reduces the cutting pressure, so that the chip removal can be well controlled.
- Optimal cutting conditions: Inappropriate machining conditions reduce tool life.
- Use a tool with high thermal conductivity.
PTJ Manufacturing Shop is committed to high-precision cnc processing with 10 years of industry experience. The processed stainless steel products cover 303, 304, 316, etc., covering the fields of medical, optical, drone, robot and auto parts. After you share the solution to the stainless steel machining problem, do you have a deeper understanding? If you have processing requirements for stainless steel precision parts, please contact PTJ Manufacturing Shop.
PTJ Machining Capabilities
Automatic Bar Machining – Multi-spindle cam automatic screw machines
CNC Turning – CNC delivers peak cost efficiency in shorter volumes, as well as high capacity production of mechanically simple components
Custom Machining - with up to 12 axes of control
Multi Spindle Machining- ISO 9001:2015 certified
Screw Machine Products – The number of customized production parts per hour can reach 10000pcs
Swiss Machining – with up to 9 axes of CNC control, to produce precision components with complex geometries in one operation
High Volume Machining – 100 Advanced Production Turning Bar Automatics On-line and Ready
CNC Milling - Machining Fully compliant with the exacting requirements of our customers
5 axis (11 axis) Machining – Tolerance | 0.1mm alignment
What Can we help you do next?
∇ Get more information about cnc machining Shop
→Case study-Find out what we have done.
→Ralated tips about cnc machining services
By PTJ Manufacturing Shop|Categories: Blog|Tags: cnc milling services, cnc turning services, milling parts, turning parts, machining parts, special parts,faqs,technical news,company news,material news |Comments Off