Analysis of 6 common nut tap breaking cases - PTJ Shop
6 common nut tap breaking cases
This article describes the 6 common nut tap breaking cases
Six common situations for the analysis of nut tap breakage:
- During the tapping process, the operator's hands are unbalanced, causing the direction of the force to change and breaking the tap. This happens mostly in the machining of smaller diameter threads.
- The bottom hole diameter does not match the nut tap. For example, when machining M5×0.5 thread, the Ø4.5mm drill bit should be drilled. If the Ø4.2mm drill bit suitable for M5 is misused, the torque will increase because the hole diameter becomes smaller and the tap is not matched. At this time, if the operator still does not find that the wrong tap is continued and the tapping is continued, the nut tap break phenomenon will inevitably occur.
- When machining the blind hole thread, when the nut tap is about to contact the bottom of the hole, and the operator does not realize that the tap is still fed at the tapping speed of the bottom of the hole, the tap must be broken.
- When processing the blind hole thread, if some of the chips are not discharged in time and filled in the bottom of the hole, if the operator forcibly continues to tap, the tap will also be broken.
- There is a problem with the quality of the tap itself, which is one of the reasons for the breakage of the tap during the tapping process.
At the beginning of tapping, the tap is not positioned correctly. The
axis of the nut tap is not the same as the center line of the bottom
hole. The torque is too large during the tapping process, which is the
main reason for the tap breaking. At present, the front end of the
manual nut tap is tapered, and the initial working surface is in point
contact with the bottom hole. The concentricity of the tap and the
bottom hole is maintained by the skill and experience of the operator,
and the tap is pressed under force. At the same time, the hands are
balanced to twist the tap. So many things must be done at the same time,
even advanced technicians with good technical skills are not always
accurate in manual tapping.
Founded in 2007, PTJ Shop is a professional hardware products enterprise integrating R&D, manufacturing and sales. The company has more than 50 sets of imported screw machines and automatic lathes in Taiwan and a complete set of testing equipment, producing national standard (GB), Japanese standard ( JIS), American Standard (ANSI), German Standard (DIN) and other non-standard screws, according to customer requirements to provide reliable quality, reasonable price, various standard and non-standard precision screws, ordinary screws and stainless steel screws, stainless steel combination screws, non-standard combination Screws, CD-shaped screws, special screws, special screws for smart appliances, mobile phone screws, watch screws, environmentally-friendly screws, etc.!
PTJ Machining Capabilities
Automatic Bar Machining – capacity for parts from 1/16" to 2 5/8”
CNC Turning – CNC multi-axis machining centers for superior speed & flexibility
Custom Machining - expert machined components delivered on time
Multi Spindle Machining- Davenport, Euro turn, New Britain & Acme Gridley
Screw Machine Products – precision components from a broad variety of materials & Equipment
Swiss Machining – micro-parts to 1-1/4 round diameter providing speed, high capability including precision tolerances and specialized finishes
High Volume Machining – Specialized in machined parts exceeding 1,000 pieces up to millions of pieces for optimum efficiency
CNC Milling - Machining from bar stock, plate or block metal using up to 3 axis of motion
5 axis (11 axis) Machining – Multi Axis Multi spindle technology for completing complex parts efficiently in one operation. C=0 sampling plan & equipment versatility provide one stop shop capability for a variety of applications
What Can we help you do next?
∇ Get more information about cnc machining Shop
By PTJ Manufacturing Shop|Categories: Blog|Tags: cnc milling services, cnc turning services, milling parts, turning parts, machining parts, special parts,faqs,technical news,company news,material news |Comments Off