Application of Beryllium Copper on Plastic Mold
Let's talk about the application of beryllium copper in plastic molds:
1. Sufficient hardness and strength: After many tests, engineers were able to find out and master the hardening conditions and working conditions of the precipitation of beryllium copper alloys, as well as the diffusion characteristics of beryllium copper alloys. Formal products began to be used in the prelude of the market); before the application of beryllium copper material to plastic molds, it is necessary to go through multiple rounds of tests to finally determine the physical characteristics and chemical composition that are consistent with manufacturing and processing; proof of theory and practice-beryllium The hardness of copper in HRC36-42 can meet the requirements of hardness, strength, high thermal conductivity suitable for plastic mold manufacturing, simple and convenient machining, long mold life, and saving development and production cycle.
2. Good thermal conductivity: The thermal conductivity of the beryllium copper material is beneficial to control the temperature of the plastic processing mold, and it is easier to control the molding cycle, and at the same time, it can ensure the uniformity of the mold wall temperature; if compared with the steel mold, the beryllium copper molding The cycle is much smaller, and the average temperature of the mold can be reduced by about 20%. When the difference between the average stripping temperature and the average wall temperature of the mold is small (for example, when the mold parts are not easily cooled), the beryllium copper mold material is used to cool The time can be reduced by 40%. And the mold wall temperature is only reduced by 15%; the characteristics of the above beryllium copper mold material will bring several benefits to the mold manufacturers using this material, shortening the molding cycle, and increasing productivity; the uniformity of the mold wall temperature is good, and the quality of the drawn product is improved; The mold structure is simplified because the cooling pipes are reduced; the material temperature can be increased, thereby reducing the wall thickness of the product and reducing the cost of the product.
3. Long mold life: budget mold cost and production continuity. For manufacturers, the expected life of the mold is very important. When the strength and hardness of beryllium copper meet the requirements, the beryllium copper will affect the mold temperature. Stress insensitivity can greatly improve the service life of the mold. Before determining the use of beryllium copper mold materials, the yield strength, elastic modulus, thermal conductivity and temperature expansion coefficient of beryllium copper must also be considered. The resistance of beryllium copper to thermal stress is much stronger than that of mold steel. From this point, the service life of beryllium copper is remarkable!
4. High thermal transmittance: In addition to the thermal conductivity of the mold, the influence of the thermal transmittance of the mold material on plastic products is also very important. On molds using beryllium copper, traces of overheating can be eliminated. If the thermal transmittance is low, The contact temperature in the distal region of the mold wall will be higher, which will increase the temperature difference of the mold. In extreme cases, it will cause the regional temperature change to extend from the shrinkage marks at one end of the plastic product to the overheated product marks at the other end. .
5. Excellent surface quality: Beryllium copper is very suitable for surface finishing. It can be directly plated, and its adhesion is very good. The beryllium copper is also easy to polish.